Monday, October 29, 2012

What to do with one hundred cigar boxes?

I have to admit I have a craft supply shopping addiction.  I got to the craft store for one thing and come home with twenty.  I find inspiration in pretty much everything I see and can't wait to get it home and create something new.  Now why is it that when craft supplies come free I can't find the same creative motivation?

My dad is an avid cigar smoker and collector which is great news for me because the boxes cigars come in are absolutely beautiful and my fabulous daddy saves them all for me.  The problem is I have NO idea what to do with them.

I've been searching the web for ideas and picking my friends brains and I just can't seem to settle on an idea.  I've made one into a jewelry box:












But that really doesn't seem like the direction I want to go.  My newest inspiration is this fab altoid tin:

I love the idea of creating a whole little world inside my boxes and making something completely unexpected.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Pa-leeeease tell me you've seen White Oleander. Janet Fitch is one of my favorite authors and in the movie you can see Astrid's suitcases she crafts about her life in her foster homes. Its kind of the same idea as the altoid box but on a more personal level. I love crafting just for me anyways (altered books). Maybe that can strike a creative match with you. Just google White Oleander suitcases or watch the movie better yet! And read the book! Ok im done. Haha love the blog! PMA! Oh its Cassie P.S.

    ReplyDelete