Thursday, October 25, 2012

Small Spaces

As a college student and young adult I've been granted the somewhat difficult task of decorating small spaces since I moved out of my parents house and into the dorms a little over six years ago.  Moving into the dorms was such an exciting time, but while most college freshman are looking forward to making friends and having more freedom I was looking forward to having my own space to decorate.  I was lucky enough to have a roommate who didn't care too much about our room design as long as it was cute and her David Beckham poster got to be up on the wall.  Shopping for our dorm room was so much fun and it was my first real experience with decorating. Of course I'd always decorated my bedroom but this time I had a budget and set furniture and in the words of Tim Gunn I had to "make it work."  After designing That room I was hooked on design for good and I actually learned to love designing small spaces.  I posted some photos of my personal small space at my old apartment here but here are some small spaces designed by others.






Don't these rooms just inspire you?



No comments:

Post a Comment