Saturday, June 9, 2012

And so it begins...

I'm finally doing it! After promising myself to start my own business for the last three years I'm finally doing it.  I've spent the last few months crafting my heart out, convinced a good friend to take and edit my photos, and as of Thursday night www.etsy.com/moderndaydauphine is officially open for business. And the best part? I've already made two sales!! I plan on using this blog to express what it's like, trying to make a living off of the thing I love doing most: crafting! I make things for people of all ages, from baby books and blocks for infants to frames and home decor for teen's and adults.  I love everything feminine, girly and elegant, and I'm a sucker for beachy, shabby chic. In this blog you'll find posts about my current projects, my triumphs and frustrations, an occasional tutorial here and there, other crafters, blogs and sites I admire and a little bit about who I am, The Modern Day Dauphine.



So first things first, it all starts with a name and I chose mine because it describes me to a T.  If you don't know, Dauphine is the french word for princess.  I've always felt like I was born in the wrong century and I just know that had I lived in 18th century France Marie Antoinette and I would have been besties.  Marie lived a lavish lifestyle as a young dauphine, it wasn't until she took on the responsibilities of the Queen of France that it went down hill for her, and who would want to be queen when you could be a carefree princess?  I base a lot of my work on the style, elegance, class and extravagance found in the French Royal Court before the revolution (and my girl Marie's unfortunate beheading) but with a modern twist updated for a twenty first century princess.

So where am I at right now? My site is up, I've got my facebook business page, I've made my first two sales and my etsy shop is looking pretty empty.   Lucky for me I have two amazing friends who have been helping and encouraging me every step of the way.  I'm currently waiting for my extremely talented friend (who you can find at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001429546463) to finish editing the pictures of the rest of my crafts that he took so I can get everything up for sale on my site.  As for crafting, I just participated in a craft swap for one of my favorite websites, www.craftster.org and am still working on new projects for my shop. That's all for now, but check back for updates soon!

xoxo                 
The Modern Day Dauphine


No comments:

Post a Comment